Saturday, April 9, 2016

Illustration

For my illustration I wanted to involve the concept of good nutrition and healthy eating.  I think that a healthy, well balanced diet is important for utilizing and enjoying our bodies to their fullest capacity.  As an athlete I have experienced just how important a good variety of nutritious food really is; our bodies are living, breathing machines that need to be fueled with good healthy food.  In our society the focus has gone towards what is more convenient, what is most time efficient and what is the best deal for the most food.  We are not as worried about what types of things are going into our bodies as much as we are about how fast or cheap or easy it is to get them.  I love a burger as much as most people do, but I am also drawn to the farm to table mentality of putting time and effort into investing in good, whole, nutritious foods that are healthy and tasty and fresh.  I enjoy eating out with others and not having to worry about preparing food and cleaning up after the fact, but not all the time.  I love cooking with fresh meats, vegetables and fruits that I myself can season and prepare as I prefer; it does take more time and effort but I think that my body and health as well as the health of those I love to cook for is completely worth the investment.

f/5.6  1/20  ISO320

No comments:

Post a Comment